Monday, February 27, 2012

Leigh Ann Joel Leaving Birth Center

After more than four years of dedicated service, midwife Leigh Ann Joel is leaving WBWC. In March, Leigh Ann will be joining the new midwifery service at Durham Regional Hospital. Although she remains very committed to the mission of the birth center, her new job will be much closer to her home and will allow her to spend more time with her family. Her last day with us is March 13.
During her time at the birth center, Leigh Ann has supported hundreds of women through labor and has attended around 300 births. She’s been a wonderful mentor to many student midwives and staff members."I feel so privileged and grateful to have had the opportunity to work with so many brave and dedicated families who have chosen the birth center option," says Leigh Ann. We will all miss her, and we wish her the best of luck in her new position!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck Leigh Ann! Durham Regional will be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well Leigh Ann! That is good you'll be able to spend more time with family. I will miss you! And I'm so grateful for all your care for me and my past two babies, Hunter and Lilly. (You delivered Hunter in Sept. 2008 - about 15 min. after I got to the birth center!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to see you go Leigh Ann! You were so kind to me after I had my little girl. I wish you the best in your professional move to Durham Regional. They are definitely lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh Ann delivered our little girl last summer.... she was so awesome!! Thank you, Leigh Ann! I work at Durham Regional in CCU, so maybe I will see you once in awhile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh Ann is awesome! When we had Elisabeth Rose nearly 4 years ago who turned out to be breech - Leigh Ann was very supportive. A woman with a gentle, kind spirite - a tremendous gain for Durham Regional. Bless you on your new adventure Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for everything and good luck! You know where to find us - come visit sometime. --Jana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might cry after reading this! Leigh Ann delivered my daughter at UNC hospital one year ago - though I didn't have the birth center experience I had hoped for, Leigh Ann helped make it as easy and comfortable as possible. I will always be grateful and feel a bit connected to Leigh Ann for helping me bring such a beautiful soul into the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Leigh Ann, and best wishes at your new job. Durham Regional is very lucky to have you! - Laura Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also sad to hear that Leigh Ann is leaving. She delivered our Bodhi at UNC in October of last year. It was a tough labor and delivery, but Leigh Ann was very supportive and did a wonderful job guiding me through the process. Durham Regional is gaining a wonderful midwife! Good luck! - Suzanna Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck to Leigh Ann! anywhere and anyone will be really lucky to have her services. she accompanied me to my ceserean at UNC last October after I found out my baby boy, Everett Grey, was breech. It was one of the scariest and most dramatic nights of my life and Leigh Ann made it so much better by being so calm, comforting, and understanding. she will always have a special place in my heart for being there for me that night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. Congrats and good luck. I liked your to-the-point approach!

    ReplyDelete