Saturday, September 17, 2016

Spotlight: Holly Lindsay-Miller

by Tori Hinde


If you’ve been in the boutique in the last few years, there’s a good chance you’ve met store manager Holly Lindsay-Miller, who celebrates 5 years of working at Women’s Birth and Wellness Boutique this month. If you came in to shop, you likely left feeling like you just made a new best friend after she fit you for a bra, taught you everything you needed to know about cloth diapering, or helped you find just what you needed. Holly has a way of talking to you and listening that makes you know she hears you and understands.

“I love to learn the specifics about people. Every family’s story is unique,” says Holly. “There’s more than one way to parent. I’ve learned a lot about empathy and compassion – I know pregnancy and motherhood aren’t simple.”

When asked about her favorite part of her job, Holly says, “Connecting with moms. Hands down. And bra fittings – a good bra can change a woman’s day. It’s the best when someone walks out of here happy, standing a little taller and feeling more confident.”

Holly initially started as a sales associate in the boutique, coming in afternoons and staying after closing to place orders.  She took over as store manager two years ago. Since then, she’s focused on expanding the selection of bras, carriers, and cloth diapers and always bringing in new things.

“If I mix it up, people come to check it out,” says Holly. “We’re growing. We have more women-owned and local business now.”

Holly also appreciates the supportive environment at WBWC and that she can bring her daughters along to work if she needs to, and no one blinks an eye.

“To come to work with people I love and respect means everything,” she says. “My kids were born here, and I work here. It feels very cyclical. It’s the best care you can find – you just don’t get that time anywhere else.”


Thank you, Holly, for all you do, and for 5 years of making all of us here feel loved and respected, too. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Holly!! I definitely picked your brain for advice on more than one occasion before and after my pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly had met me once and when I came back in months later, she remembered my name and my son's name. That's an impressive amount of attention paid to a customer. She is an amazing resource and an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely article about you! Thanks for thinking about parents and young ones!

    ReplyDelete